Monday, March 30, 2015

USB Drive Size Reduced After Making it Bootable [SOLVED]

Yesterday I booted my 32GB pendrive to make Hacintosh. After making the pendrive bootable I've found that it's size has been reduced to 5.35GB from 32GB. The same problem occured when I made it bootable to install Ubuntu. Here's the solution for this problem. I forget everything and then I've to search the entire web. So I'm writng here.


Open Command Prompt (CMD):

1. Type diskpart. Another window will open.
2. Type list disk. It will show the list of disks. Find your USB drive there.
3. Type select disk X. Here 'X' is the number of your USB drive. Disk numbering starts with 0. For God's sake don't select your primary partition. Now it should show that the disk is selected.
4. Type clean
5. Type create partition primary

Now close the command prompt. Format the drive manually. It will show the correct disk space.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi ! I'm Raad. And this my personal blog. Welcome to my blog.